Volunteering at RHCS
Parent volunteers are essential for the fund raising efforts required by Red Hill Consolidated to maintain and upgrade the school grounds and facilities. And volunteering has so many upsides!~
Benefits for kids:
- If you’re involved in some way at the school, research shows that your child will do better regardless of ethnicity,, socioeconomic status, or your level of education level – just being present will improve things for your child.
- Your child will have better self-esteem and motivation if you’re involved.
- If it’s a team sport, your child will be more engaged and committed to the team if you’re part of it.
- Your child’s feelings of safety and security will improve knowing that you are close by.
Benefits for parents:
- You’ll make your child proud – they love having you there.
- You’ll get to know your child’s teacher and understand their teaching methods, enabling a more consistent approach with your child’s school work in the home.
- You’ll get to know the community of parents and feel part of something great.
- You’ll get to know your child’s friends – invaluable once you hit the tougher years.
How You Can Help:
We understand that everyone has commitments and most are time-poor. But if every parent offered even an hour of their time each year then we wouldn’t risk ‘volunteer burnout’. All parent helpers must have and present a current WWC (Working with Children) card to the office on arrival.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Act as a classroom helpers
- Assist with reading
- Chaperone excursions and school camps
- Volunteer at sporting events such as swimming, athletics and cross country
- Help at working bees
- Join our school council
Term 2 2021
Friday 7th May
Mothers Day/Special Person Stall
Wednesday 12th May
Prep Emotional Intelligence Incursion
Tuesday 11th - Thursday 13th May
Grades 3 & 5 NAPLAN
Tuesday 18th May
Year 1 Mini Beast Incursion
Prep 2022 Parent Info Evening 6pm
Wednesday 19th - Friday 21st May
Year 4 Camp Manyung
Friday 28th May
Free Dress Day - Gold Coin Donation
Term 1 - Jan 28-Apr 1
Term 2 - Apr 19-Jun 25
Term 3 - July 12-Sept 17
Term 4 - Oct 4-Dec 17
Monday 8th Mar - Labour Day
Friday 2nd Apr - Good Friday
Monday 5th Apr - Easter Monday
Sunday 25th Apr - ANZAC Day
Monday 14th Jun- Queens Birthday
Tuesday 2nd Nov- Melbourne Cup