Volunteering at RHCS
Parent volunteers are essential for the fund raising efforts required by Red Hill Consolidated to maintain and upgrade the school grounds and facilities. And volunteering has so many upsides!~
Benefits for kids:
- If you’re involved in some way at the school, research shows that your child will do better regardless of ethnicity,, socioeconomic status, or your level of education level – just being present will improve things for your child.
- Your child will have better self-esteem and motivation if you’re involved.
- If it’s a team sport, your child will be more engaged and committed to the team if you’re part of it.
- Your child’s feelings of safety and security will improve knowing that you are close by.
Benefits for parents:
- You’ll make your child proud – they love having you there.
- You’ll get to know your child’s teacher and understand their teaching methods, enabling a more consistent approach with your child’s school work in the home.
- You’ll get to know the community of parents and feel part of something great.
- You’ll get to know your child’s friends – invaluable once you hit the tougher years.
How You Can Help:
We understand that everyone has commitments and most are time-poor. But if every parent offered even an hour of their time each year then we wouldn’t risk ‘volunteer burnout’. Here are some ways you can help:
- act as a classroom helper
- help out in the canteen (contact Tamara Cleine on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0416 171 854)
- assist with reading
- chaperone excursions and field trips
- volunteer at sporting events
- volunteer for Art Red Hill (contact Marlo Reyneke or Chelsea Murray via email email@example.com)
- volunteer for the school disco
Term 3 2019
Mon 9th Sept - Prep Sage Garden Activity
Tues 10th Sept - Footy Day
Thurs 12th Sept - Kids Teach Kids Conference
Fri 13th Sept - Prep Performance Assembly 9am
Tues 17th Sept - School Council Meeting
Fri 20th Sept - Term 3 Ends 2:30pm
Term 4 2019
Mon 7 Oct - Term 4 Starts
Mon 21st - Wed 23rd Oct- Grade 5 City Camp
Wed 20th - Fri 22nd Nov - Grade 6 Camp
Term 1 - January 29-April 5
Term 2 - April 22-June 28
Term 3 - July 15-Sept 20
Term 4 - Oct 7-Dec 20
Monday 10th June - Queen's Birthday
Monday 15th July - Curriculum Day
Friday 27th Sept - AFL Grand Final Friday
Tuesday 5th Nov - Melbourne Cup Day