Volunteering at RHCS
Parent volunteers are essential for the fund raising efforts required by Red Hill Consolidated to maintain and upgrade the school grounds and facilities. And volunteering has so many upsides!~
Benefits for kids:
- If you’re involved in some way at the school, research shows that your child will do better regardless of ethnicity,, socioeconomic status, or your level of education level – just being present will improve things for your child.
- Your child will have better self-esteem and motivation if you’re involved.
- If it’s a team sport, your child will be more engaged and committed to the team if you’re part of it.
- Your child’s feelings of safety and security will improve knowing that you are close by.
Benefits for parents:
- You’ll make your child proud – they love having you there.
- You’ll get to know your child’s teacher and understand their teaching methods, enabling a more consistent approach with your child’s school work in the home.
- You’ll get to know the community of parents and feel part of something great.
- You’ll get to know your child’s friends – invaluable once you hit the tougher years.
How You Can Help:
We understand that everyone has commitments and most are time-poor. But if every parent offered even an hour of their time each year then we wouldn’t risk ‘volunteer burnout’. Here are some ways you can help:
- act as a classroom helper
- help out in the canteen (contact Tamara Cleine on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0416 171 854)
- assist with reading
- chaperone excursions and field trips
- volunteer at sporting events
- volunteer for Art Red Hill (contact Marlo Reyneke or Chelsea Murray via email email@example.com)
- volunteer for the school disco
Term 4 2019
Fri 1st Nov - Yr 5 Science Expo Excursion
Tues 12th Nov- 2nd Prep Transition
Thurs 14th Nov- Girls and Boys Regional Cricket
Tues 19th Nov- School Council
Wed 20th - Fri 22nd Nov - Yr 6 Waratah Beach Camp
Fri 6th Dec- Prep Scienceworks Excursion
Thurs 12th Dec- Innovators Arcade
Thurs 12th Dec- Christmas Carols
Fri 13th Dec- Colour Run
Mon 16th Dec- Grade 6 Graduation
Tues 17th Dec- School Council
Wed 18th Dec- Grade 6 Activities Day
Term 1 - January 29-April 5
Term 2 - April 22-June 28
Term 3 - July 15-Sept 20
Term 4 - Oct 7-Dec 20
Monday 10th June - Queen's Birthday
Monday 15th July - Curriculum Day
Friday 27th Sept - AFL Grand Final Friday
Tuesday 5th Nov - Melbourne Cup Day