Volunteering at RHCS
Parent volunteers are essential for the fund raising efforts required by Red Hill Consolidated to maintain and upgrade the school grounds and facilities. And volunteering has so many upsides!~
Benefits for kids:
- If you’re involved in some way at the school, research shows that your child will do better regardless of ethnicity,, socioeconomic status, or your level of education level – just being present will improve things for your child.
- Your child will have better self-esteem and motivation if you’re involved.
- If it’s a team sport, your child will be more engaged and committed to the team if you’re part of it.
- Your child’s feelings of safety and security will improve knowing that you are close by.
Benefits for parents:
- You’ll make your child proud – they love having you there.
- You’ll get to know your child’s teacher and understand their teaching methods, enabling a more consistent approach with your child’s school work in the home.
- You’ll get to know the community of parents and feel part of something great.
- You’ll get to know your child’s friends – invaluable once you hit the tougher years.
How You Can Help:
We understand that everyone has commitments and most are time-poor. But if every parent offered even an hour of their time each year then we wouldn’t risk ‘volunteer burnout’. Here are some ways you can help:
- act as a classroom helper
- help out in the canteen (contact Tamara Cleine on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0416 171 854)
- assist with reading
- chaperone excursions and field trips
- volunteer at sporting events
- volunteer for Art Red Hill (contact Marlo Reyneke or Chelsea Murray via email email@example.com)
- volunteer for the school disco
Term 2 2019
Wednesday 8th May - 3 Way Conferences
Friday 10th May - Mother's Day Stall
Monday 13th May - Yr 2 Coal Creek Excursion
Wednesday 15th May - Yr 6 Dromana Transition Visit
Friday 17th May - House Cross Country
Saturday 18th May - Election Day BBQ
Tuesday 21st May - Yr 1 Melb. Museum Excursion
Wednesday 22nd May - Yr 6 Netball/Girls Football
Wednesday 29th May - District Cross Country
Thursday 30th May - Yr 5 Moonlit Sanctuary Excursion
Wednesday 26th June - Yr 6 Winter Lightning Premiership
Term 1 - January 29-April 5
Term 2 - April 22-June 28
Term 3 - July 15-Sept 20
Term 4 - Oct 7-Dec 20
Thursday 25th April - Anzac Day
Monday 10th June - Queen's Birthday
Friday 27th Sept - AFL Grand Final Friday